- Cutterhead diameter is the exact same size as the original OEM head. Carbide inserts will need to be removed when installing.
- C3 carbide cutters lasts an average of 10 times longer per side (4 sides = 40x) than traditional steel knives.
- Spiraled to break up chips for dust collection, shear to give clean cutting action
- True helical cut (slices the wood) which greatly reduces noise and tearout
- Pocket for cutters makes replacing them easy and creates perfect alignment
The overall cutterhead diameter is the same as the original OEM head. The ORIGINAL SHEar & heLIX and spiral cutter non-grind design. Woodworkers know that a shear cut is far better than a straight cut. You also know that a stagger cut is much better than just a single straight knife and is a lot easier on your dust collection system. If you just happen to plane a nail or staple, it is not necessary to replace expensive knives the full length of your planer head. Replace 2 or 3 small inexpensive knives and you are ready to go. The SHELEX is extremely quiet compared to other blades.