- Remote moisture sensing electrode accessory for J-2000, J-Lite, J-4 moisture meters
- 10" solid steel shaft for precision moisture gradient measurements without cutting the wood
- Moisture content is measured only at exposed points for extreme accuracy
- Sliding hammer action quickly measures moisture at various depths
- Great for softwoods and on hardwoods from 1/8" to 5 in
Product description Delmhorst 26-ES 10 Shaft Slide Hammer Electrode. The 496 contact pins that come with the 26-ES penetrate 1 1/8' and have insulated shanks so that only the tips are exposed. The pins make contact only at their uncoated tips and provide much more accurate readings of moisture content at various levels of penetration. This feature is useful for a variety of different applications: Flooring installers: Penetrate through flooring to plywood sub-floor, or concrete. Dry kiln operators: Identify moisture gradients which helps to identify the drying pattern. Furniture manufacturers and craftsmen: Easily check high density hardwood that short pins are unable to penetrate. From the Manufacturer Accessory for J-2000, J-Lite, J-4. The standard steel contact pins, 496, have insulated shanks so that moisture content is measured only at the points, which are not insulated. The uninsulated tip area for measuremnt is approximately 3/16 in. Use the sliding hammer action to quickly measure moistrue at various levels of penetration. This is a sure way to identify a moisture gradient without cutting the wood. Maximum penitration of the 496 pins is 1-1/8 in. They can be used on softwoods and on hardwoods from 1/8 in. to 5 in.. thick or 6 in. diameter.