- This paint is self-sealing and does not require a topcoat
- Do not apply clear topcoats over bright white paint, as yellowing may occur due to a reaction to the substrate. Light color paints may also experience yellowing due to topcoat application, but it will less noticeable
- Can BWE be used over raw wood? Yes, but GF’s Stain Blocker should be applied first to prevent potential wood tannin bleed-through
- How many coats of BWE are required? 2-3 coats.
- Sizes and sheens? Quarts and Gallons; Satin and Semi-Gloss
General Finishes premium NEW Brushable White Enamel (BWE) is a water-based white topcoat similar to General Finishes White Poly, but formulated to be brushed or rolled on interior furniture and cabinet projects. BWE is ideal for cabinets, furniture and millwork. Acting as a 2-in-1 paint and topcoat, this enamel is perfect for those who want to work with Enduro White Poly, but do not own a spray gun.