- Pack contains 40 each 1X stepped walnut dowels
- 1x stepped dowels are 2-5/8” long, 3/8" in diameter and designed for stock up to 1” thick
- Miller dowels uses a patented stepped drill bit and dowels that produce better, stronger joints with less effort and set up
- The stepped, ribbed dowel design reduces the amount of glue squeezed off as the dowel is driven home creating a stronger adhesive bond
- Miller Dowels are a suitable alternative to mortise and tenon, loose tenon, traditional blind or through dowel or biscuit joints requiring less set up and specialized machinery
Dowels for use with the corresponding Miller Tru-Fit Drill Bits (shown, sold separately, Rockler s 28069, 20300 and 21463). Available in three sizes: 1x for boards up to 1" thick, 2x for boards up to 1-3/4" thick and Mini-X for joining 1/2'' stock. Dowels available in birch, oak, cherry and walnut. The Miller Dowel is perfect for use in a wide variety of wood joining and fastening applications, such as furniture, decks/docks, stairs and hand railings, cabinets, windows and doors, toys and more! It helps you avoid the problems associated with nails and screws, such as wood rot, metal corrosion and rust, nail pops, and splitting of the grain. If only 2 sections of the drill bit is used, then only 2 sections of the dowel will be inserted. This technique doubles the versatility of the product because it means that each size Miller Dowel is two sizes in one. It is an ideal feature when depth or thickness is restrictive, or for achieving a decorative effect.