- Non-destructive in operation with no need to probe, drill or mechanically damage the surface
- Clear easy-to-read analog dial
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 3⁄4" into the slab
- Hold function “freezes” meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible, and for easy recording of data
- Reproducible and reliable results
The Concrete Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Concrete Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear analog dial.