- 5 Ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry
- Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings
- Deep signal penetration, up to 1 1⁄4" (30mm) in wood and drywall, detects elevated moisture through most covering materials without having to damage or puncture the materials being tested
- Shallow Depth scale is designed to have a field penetration of up to 10mm (0.4 inches)
- Wide range of readings from 5% to 30% on Wood Scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for all other materials
The Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates moisture conditions within various building materials by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial.